Broadband ISDN User Part (BISUP) is a protocol intended to support services such as high-definition television (HDTV), multilingual TV, voice and image storage and retrieval, video conferencing, high-speed LANs and multimedia. Since BISDN is not deployed widely so far, so is not the BISUP.
The structure of the B-ISUP protocol is as follows:
- Message Type – The different message types. The following message types are available:
- Message Length – The message length in octets.
- Broadband/narrow-band Interworking Indicator for passing on, discard the message, release call, etc.
- Pass on not Possible Indicator for release call and discard information
- Discard Message Indicator discard or do not discard message
- Send Notification Indicator for sending or do no sending notification
- Release call indicator for release or do not release call
- Transit at intermed exchance Indicator for transit interpretation or end node interpretation